THOUGHTS FOR THE ROAD....... LESS TRAVELED

Lessons learned for the Christian life.

Put Me In Coach !

  
   Romans 12:6 In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. 7If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. 8If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.

    In the church, just as in the world, there are "doers" and there are "watchers". I believe that it is God's intention that all believers get into the game. Every member of a body of believers has a purpose that is specific to them, and that no other member of the body can do like they can. Ever single one of you has a God given gift that is just for you. He has given you an ability to do something, so that you will do something!

   I have spent a little over 2 years in ministry in the church. At first I just focused on music, that is a gift and a passion that God had given me. Then other positions presented themselves, they weren't necessarily areas that I was gifted in but they were jobs that needed to be done. I found that taking on responsibilities that were not in my area of giftedness  only took time and energy away from my calling. I was getting burned out because gifted members of our church body were staying on the sidelines instead of getting into the action. 

   I have to wonder if God is pleased when we come into His church just to warm a pew. It isn't about showing up, it is about being obedient. So get off the bench, Christian, you have work to do.

Take a free Spiritual Gift Test HERE 
or HERE

   Lord,
Please forgive me for just showing up. I am amazed that you always know which gift to give to each person. Thank you for giving me the gifts I need to serve you.  Give me the desire to do the work that you have planned for me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment