THOUGHTS FOR THE ROAD....... LESS TRAVELED

Lessons learned for the Christian life.

Have You Forgotten Who You Are?


   I am going to send this one out particularly to women, but the message is just as true for men. I am choosing the ladies because I know that we spend way to much time acting like what we aren't - instead of being who we are in Christ.

   Gossips-
Exodus 20:16
You must not testify falsely against your neighbor.
Leviticus 19:16a
Do not go about spreading slander among your people.
Proverbs 11:9a, 12-13
9 With their words, the godless destroy their friends,
12 It is foolish to belittle one’s neighbor;
 a sensible person keeps quiet.
13 A gossip goes around telling secrets,
but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence.

Matthew 12:36
36 And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.


   Angry, Vengeful and Argumentative-
Psalm 37:8 
Stop being angry!
Turn from your rage!
Do not lose your temper—
it only leads to harm.
Proverbs 20:3
Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor;
only fools insist on quarreling.
Proverbs 29:22
An angry person starts fights;
a hot-tempered person commits all kinds of sin.
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Control your temper,
for anger labels you a fool.
Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 32  Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

   In the movie The Princess Diaries, after Mia discovers that she is a long lost heir to a royal family and next in line for the throne of Genovia, the first thing she does is undertake a complete make-over, and I am not just talking hair and nails. She is taught how to sit like a lady, address people who speak to her  and carry herself in public. We would expect no less from a princess, am I right? No one wants to be around a spoiled little snot who always gets their way and doesn't know how to treat people.
   Why do we require any less of ourselves? Ladies, we are Heirs of Christ! You are daughters of the King! We are one with the Lord in spirit, we are the body of Christ. How is it possible to be a part of Christ's own body, and  a temple for His Spirit and still be so unmercifully cruel to each other.
   We are chosen and appointed to bear fruit, which is hard to do when we are throwing it at one another. It is time we start behaving in a manner that is pleasing to our Lord. We are chosen of God, holy and dearly loved, children of light, gracious and respectful, new creations who act justly and love mercy.
   We don't  have to prove ourselves, we just have to be the women that God created us to be. 

   Almighty Father,
Forgive me please for allowing myself to take part in these things I am ashamed that I have dishonored you by gossiping, holding grudges, and knocking my sisters in Christ down instead of lifting them up.  I do not want to be the spoiled little snot who doesn't know how to treat people. Help me to be the woman that you want me to be. Give me the strength to stop before I say or do anything that will hurt someone else.
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment